The site provides an opportunity to deliver a high-quality residential development while respecting the local character of the area.
The concept masterplan includes:
- Approximately 80 homes with a broad mix of house types from 1-bedroom apartments, 2 and 3-bedroom bungalows and 2, 3 and 4-bedroom houses.
- One in three of the homes will be affordable, either to rent or shared ownership.
- A large public open space to the south, with further open spaces and amenity spaces.
- Main entrance to the site from a new junction on Park Road.
- A private drive access from Chapel Road to 7 homes.
- The enhancement of the public right of way along the northern site boundary and an off-site contribution to improving the route through the adjoining recreation ground.
- A comprehensive landscape scheme designed to enhance biodiversity and provide a landscaped edge to the south of the village enhancing the setting of Grundisburgh Hall and Garden.
- Landscaped buffer areas to the site boundaries with the retention of trees and hedges where possible.
The development will accord with the Council’s housing mix policy and the County Council’s car parking standards.